Want a special inside look at our school? Click HERE for our brand-new ‘zine!
We strive to:
- integrate social-emotional development with the academic process according to Dr. Stanley Greenspan’s DIR/Floortime model.
- support students’ awareness of their own unique sensory and developmental profiles to facilitate self-advocacy as appropriate.
- encourage students’ self-determination, community engagement and independence through self-awareness, self-regulation, self-advocacy and the development of life skills.
- partner with parents and the larger community whenever possible.
- utilize developmentally appropriate resources and facilities to support the educational program.
- engage each student at the appropriate developmental and academic level.
- challenge each student to realize his or her unique potential.
- focus on developing relationships as a foundation to learning.
- maintain small class sized and low student-teacher ratios.
- provide each student with a high school diploma or its equivalent, as well as preparation for college or vocational education as appropriate.
Techniques and Approaches:
- Community/Extra-classroom experiences
- High-affect and affinities-based topics
- Small group and individual work focus
- Post-graduation transition support
- Floortime-trained staff
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Supports